Capital Campaign: Why we must build
The Historic Chapel: Why Leave?
- Rent costs $22,000
- Use is limited to 4 hours per week..
- Our lease is good for three months only and the Historical Society has the option of cancelling every three months.
- The Chapel is subject to sudden change of use by the Historical Society.
- The size of the Chapel does not allow for growth.
- It is not configured for Anglican worship
- Manpower is wasted in setting up for worship and then taking down.
- We have no signs to introduce ourselves to the community.
- The Chapel has hosted unwholesome programs that make us uncomfortable.
- The closest restrooms are across the street.
Why Malone Hall is Not Adequate
- Our two year lease with the Historical Society costs us $17,000 plus maintenance
- Space is limited.
- The lot belongs to St Paul’s which has building plans on the books and will need the lot in the future.